Are you someone with Autism (ASD) or Asperger’s Syndrome (AS)?
Do you have a good job? That’s great! You are in the fortunate 15%. That’s how many people with Autism or Asperger’s have jobs.
More likely, you’re one of the 85%. Unemployed or underemployed.
Are looking for a safe place to learn how to find and keep a good job?
- A place to learn how to interview for a job?
- A place to ask job search questions?
- A place to vent about the frustrations of job searching?
Or, if you have a good job, do you want to learn how to keep it and get promoted? A place to share workplace experiences?
- A place to learn how to overcome the prejudices of others?
- A place to learn how to build better workplace skills?
- A place to learn how to create better workplace relationships?
Or, are you a friend or family member of someone who has Autism or Asperger’s?
- Do you want to help that person find work, but don’t know how to help?
Well, to all three groups, I say a heartfelt “Welcome! You’ve found a new home! Building Heart Bridges.”
Hi, I am Benjamin.
I help people build bridges between each other. And I help people build bridges to find jobs and build better relationships in the workplace.
Let me tell you a bit about me. And why I am passionate about helping people with Autism or Asperger’s find good jobs.
I am a proud father of two children, one of whom has been diagnosed with Asperger’s. She’s highly functioning on the Autism Spectrum. I coached her to successfully find a job and to deal with situations in the workplace. I can help you or your friend with their job search or workplace concerns.
I started life as a Kansas farm boy who loved to write, so I earned a journalism degree. I worked as a radio-TV news reporter and disc jockey before going to graduate school for a master’s degree in counseling psychology.
I joined the US Air Force as a personnel officer (human resources manager). Later I earned full qualifications as a testing psychologist, a contracting officer, and a public information officer. I built lots of bridges between all kinds of people!
After retiring from the Air Force, I’ve been a human resources (HR) professional and a training and development manager.
I have helped hundreds of people as an HR manager.
- I’ve helped hire hundreds of people in various companies and sectors, including healthcare, manufacturing, academic, printing, and government.
- I’ve helped many other employees deal with workplace problems and headaches.
- I’ve helped many friends sharpen their interviewing skills and create successful job search strategies.
In every part of my varied career, I was a bridge builder. I help people understand themselves, identify their headaches, then build bridges to others. And fix those career headaches!
How can I help you build or repair a career of job bridge?
Start by doing this: Share with me your email address. Trust me with it. I won’t spam you or sell it to anyone else. Friends don’t spam friends.
In return, you will get some free TIPS and TOOLS to help you find a good job. Or to help you advance at work!
Let’s start building bridges leading to a good or better job for you!
Please consider donating through Patreon to help us handle costs of providing this website and services!